WhatsApp CRM: 5 Things To Know Before Integrating CRM To WhatsApp
All businesses thrive on engaging with customers and communicating efficiently with them. In this regard, CRM software (customer relationship management) can boost sales exponentially by managing customer data and communication.
Even better, pair up a CRM with a widely used messaging forum such as WhatsApp, and you’re bound to reap high profits, business visibility, and customer interaction.
So, suppose you’re up for a large-scale business with multiple users. In that case, WhatsApp CRM integration is the smartest way to consolidate your data into a single platform for a streamlined workflow. Before jumping into CRM integration, let’s explore what you must know.
What Is WhatsApp CRM?
Merging your WhatsApp Business API account with CRM software saves you from the hassle of multitasking between different apps. Initially, CRMs were designed to target emails, but recently the communication channel has shifted to integrating WhatsApp for easier communications.
It keeps you on top of your work and promises business growth with smooth sales processes through a two-way communication channel.
Considering WhatsApp’s enormous impact worldwide, it would be a windfall opportunity to integrate CRM software specifically targeting clients with quick automated replies and delivering better customer support.
How To Integrate CRM With WhatsApp?
To make the most of your business, WhatsApp CRM will work wonders for exceptional customer support in a single medium. And the best part? It’s so simple and easy to get started. Here’s what you need to do:
- Start by choosing a CRM software that allows integration with WhatsApp. Many popular apps, like HubSpot, Zoho, Salesforce, etc., support this integration. If you’re already using a different CRM software, you’ll need to check if it’s compatible with WhatsApp.
- Upgrade your WhatsApp Business account to a WhatsApp Business API account. WhatsApp API is more suitable for medium to large businesses with huge data and volumes of daily messages.
- Add a contact number for the WhatsApp API. Since you cannot change the number later, we recommend choosing a phone number that is accessible at all times.
- Integrate your CRM software with WhatsApp to directly receive ingoing and outgoing messages and calls on your dashboard.
- Explore other features and enable automated tracking, quick replies, notifications, customer feedback, etc.
Must-Knows Before Integrating CRM Into WhatsApp
To give a clearer picture, here’s a brief overview of 5 conditions you must be fully aware of before integrating CRM into WhatsApp:
1. WhatsApp Business API Account
You must upgrade your account to a WhatsApp Business API to integrate CRM software with WhatsApp. An API account is particularly designed to tackle large-scale businesses and collect valuable data from many customers.
However, WhatsApp API requires a registered phone number, cell phone, or landline; any works fine as long as it can actively receive voice calls or messages.
The number you provide should solely be used for this business, as it would be inactive for other API accounts. If you’ve registered your phone number to the WhatsApp Business app, you can transfer the number to the API account upon upgrading. It will, however, delete the previous account on the WhatsApp Business app.
2. Restrictions In Messaging
You might argue that WhatsApp, a worldwide popular chat forum with 2 billion users, already dominates the marketing world.
While it may seem like a dream come true to increase brand visibility and free promotions, a few privacy restrictions prevent businesses from bombarding clients with unnecessary messages.
The ‘opt-in’ feature guarantees the client’s consent to be willing to receive messages from you, along with the name of the business.
Superimposed on this messaging restriction is the inability to send bulk marketing and promotional messages all the time. The message templates available pertain to sending flight changes, shipment details, refund updates, etc.
With the convenience of multiple agents accessing a shared message inbox, it is important to set a boundary with compliance with privacy laws.
Any trespassing or violation can result in fines and penalties. Read out the entire WhatsApp privacy guidelines through and through before you set up your business API account.
Make sure never to disclose or misuse clients’ information to exploit them. Avoid asking for sensitive details, health records, and personal information. Also, be cautious about sharing data with other agents because the entire responsibility of customer data lies with you.
4. Choice Of The CRM Software
Deciding on a top-quality CRM is one of the most important considerations influencing your business. Although each software has distinct features, the added benefits are more or less similar.
Shared inbox, filtering contacts on WhatsApp, and allowing multiple team members are the major features that contribute to a streamlined work pattern.
Among CRM software, Zoho, HubSpot, SugarCRM, AmoCRM, Salesforce, and Microsoft Dynamics are the most popular ones.
5. WhatsApp Business Service Provider
A WhatsApp BSP will help you tackle any technicalities and problems in setting up an API account. To avoid a tedious and hassling process, WhatsApp has permitted several companies who do the dirty job for you and get your business approved.
A WhatsApp BSP can also fast-track the process and set up your account. Once you get your API account, you can start interacting with your clients through chatbots or widgets to stay up to date with your customers.
Benefits Of CRM Integration In WhatsApp
Without a doubt, the benefits of CRM integration in WhatsApp are manifold. May it be organizing customer data to full-time client satisfaction, a streamlined business communication tool can handle it all. A few benefits of WhatsApp CRM integration include the following:
- Communicate with potential clients on their preferred app, so they don’t miss out on your promotional messages.
- A single application to respond to chats, create leads and collaborate with the team and relevant staff.
- Increased chances of conversion with sharing of catalogs, images, files, videos, location, etc., with your clients.
- Gain insight into your business statistics and a holistic view of the conversation.
- Quick query resolution and a helpdesk to foster happy clients.
- Pre-designed templates for quick messaging and booking confirmations to a larger audience.
- Drip marketing campaigns boost sales with follow-up to give customers the required information.
- Collect valuable customer feedback through automated links to proactively improve your business.
You can elevate your company’s customer rapport to new heights with the right CRM platform for your WhatsApp business. In the bigger picture, tracking your business’ impact and insights will help reach a larger audience and manage your customer base. The benefits of integrating both applications are countless, so you’re definitely in for long-term success.